Through Dubai Turkey Consulate website, I came to know about the availability of E-visa application in the UAE. It seems too good to be true that I can have a Turkish visa if I only provide the website a 6-month-valid passport, a confirmed flight reservation and a Master or Visa credit card payment.
Let’s start with the eligible applicants. Check for your country on this list:
Eligible for E-Visa Applications
Antigua and Barbuda, Armenia, Australia, Austria Bahamas, Bahrain, Barbados, Belarus, Belgium, Canada, Croatia, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Greek Cypriot Administration, Grenada Haiti, Hong Kong, Hungary, Indonesia, Ireland, Jamaica, Kuwait, Maldives, Malta, Mauritius, Netherlands, Norway, Oman, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Saudi Arabia, Slovakia, South Africa, Spain, U.S.A, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom.
Turkish E-Visa Application Prerequisites:
- Traveling for the purposes of tourism or business and commercial negotiations
- A round-trip ticket with Turkish Airlines or Egypt Air
- Travel documents in accordance with your travel purposes.(Return Ticket, Hotel reservation, adequate financial means (U.S. $ 50 for each day))
- Valid Schengen visa or a valid visa from any of the OECD member countries or a valid residence permit
- Proper passport that is valid for 6 months, allowing the traveler to return
Not bad, right? However, if you don’t meet the criteria above, you can always apply the old-fashioned way through their Consulate. Please visit their office at 8:30AM to secure a slot (they allow a maximum of 60 applications/day).
Address of Turkey Consulate in Dubai:
Dubai World Trade Center Building
8th Floor P.O.Box:9221
+971 4 331 47 88
Visa applications: 09.00-11.30
What you need are just the following:
- Completely filled Application Form
- Original passport Valid for 6months & copy
- Valid UAE residence Visa for 6months
- 2 recent Photo with white background
- Invitation Letter from Turkey
- Bank Statement